Malika & Alexand
Altea, August 1st, 2017
The Costa Blanca, Spain.
We will be in Altea which is located in the Costa Blanca region on the East coast of Spain by the Mediterranean Sea.
Since it's a long trip for everyone and we'll be in a beautiful vacation spot, we've booked out accomodations for 7 nights around the wedding day so that everyone has a chance to do a little vacationing in the area while we're there. You'll be able to get the same rates for the hotel if anyone wants to book more or less nights to adjust their stay, but we'll be there for the 7 nights before heading off to explore other parts of Spain and honeymoon. Please see the General Info & Accomodation pages for more details.
From what we've heard from those who have been to this area in Spain, the cost of living in Costa Blanca is quite reasonable. Groceries are super cheap and going out to cafes, restaurants and bars is pretty cheap too.
And wine... 1 € bottles of wine seem to be the standard. :)
For things to do in Altea, some of the highlights are:
- Casco antiguo de altea (the old historic Altea, lots of Cafes, shops, restaurants and views of the city)
- Parroquia Nuestra Senora del Consuelo (historic Spanish cathedral)
- Mirador Cronistas de Espana (hike & hilltop view of the bay & the city, in historic part of town)
- Diving, Snorkeling
- Paddleboarding, Canoeing, Kayaking
- Escape Rooms
- ATV / Offroad tours in the Spanish countryside
August will be the peak season in Spain and it will be hot, so bring lots of sunscreen!